Wednesday, September 24, 2008

well duh...

Clay Aiken is "admitting" he is homosexual.

first of all: I'm willing to bet that everyone who knows who Clay Aiken is, is already aware of this. Hell most of us knew it from the very minute he walked on stage on American Idol.

second of all: I can't believe People magazine is actually paying and running this story. a feature story at that with him on the front cover. Because really...NO ONE GIVES A DAMN!

third of all: NO ONE GIVES A DAMN! So what if he's homosexual? He isn't gonna lose or gain a fan base just cause he's admitting his sexual preferences. Nothing is gonna change just because he's "coming out."

oh and fourth of all: this is a prime example of one our problems (our: the whole of America). we are so caught up in everyone else's life, and we can't even find direction in our own. Not only are we caught up in everyone else's life, but we would rather here about the scandal, someone's sexual preference (which really shouldn't be that big of a deal since in the first place), who's screwing over who. I'm not saying I'm not guilty of flipping through the pages certain magazines because I'm curious of other's lives. But really Clay Aiken as a feature story in People. Please.

I've got a flight to catch...

1 comment:

Ev'Yan || apricot tea. said...

I said the same thing when I found out this news; I was like, "And...?"

I do agree with you, though: this isn't such a big deal. The media always has an uncanny way of blowing things out of proportion. I never read celeb magazines. Occasionally, I'll get a celeb e-zine in the my inbox, but other than that I try to stay away from that nonsensical gossip as much as possible....

(have a safe flight!)