so I was reading one of my favorite blogs: Maybe It's Just Me, and he (Topher Payne) said something that was quite inspiring and leaves one with something to think about:
"It’s like that question of what you’d grab if your house was on fire. We live with an abundance of stuff in our hard drives and houses, which we really could walk away from if what’s important had to fit in a CD, a Prius, or a studio apartment. And that’s actually reassuring.
It’s been said that you can’t take it with you. But if you really examine your life, often you realize you don’t really need to after all."
lately, I have been doing an assessment of sorts of things in my life (physical and non), and deciding on how much I really need them. i.e would my life really be that different without them? the world is full of things that are made to soothe us, yet none of them are honest nor are they leading us any closer in the direction we should be going: closer to ourselves by being honest as well as closer to those we love.
No comments:
Post a Comment