Somewhere on the road in Nebraska
Entering Wyoming
Wyoming
The hills begin to rise up in Wyoming
Still Wyoming
enter Utah near Salt Lake
Utah
Idaho
Highway 20 of Oregon
Highway 20 of Oregon
A week ago today we set out on a drive across the United States headed for Oregon. Our initial plans were to stop along the way, but once on the road we were more focused on just getting there in order to be more economically conservative. While we didn't stop for anything outside of the necessities I was still able to capture our route from the car. Having never been out of the Eastern United States except for a flight change in California on my way to South Korea, I was in awe at the changes in geography along the way. Admittedly, I didn't really start taking pictures until we entered western Nebraska. With the exception of Tennessee, the highway stretched out before us with its cities off of the exits, so the view was nothing unusual from N.C. The area of Missouri that we passed through was, not surprisingly, ridiculously congested around St. Louis, and my asshole was too clinched up to take pictures due to the road construction and the crazy drivers. However, I was surprised at how big the Gateway Arch in St. Louis really was. Kansas has never held much appeal to me because of its weather; though the treeless, rolling plains were something to behold. It was easy to imagine the tornadoes waltzing across the plains, and after seeing the weather this week I'm glad we made it through when we did. The pictures above begin in Nebraska and span our entrance into Oregon via Highway 20.
No comments:
Post a Comment