selfish parents...
Specifically those who, year after year, force their children to sit on a Santa's lap for a photo despite the fact that they're clearly scared and/or not interested. I will never understand this. I've seen photos of children from year to year where the child is still crying, and often struggling, trying to squirm out of the jolly man's grip. And I've heard parents recount the story of their child crying during the sit with Santa, and laugh. Laugh as if it's entertaining to see your child cry. Of course we all must do things we would rather not at some point, and life is full of enough sad and sorrowful moments that will induce crying and moments of discomfort, why add to them unnecessarily? Another question I'd like the answer to: why introduce the farcical idea of "Santa" in the first place, if you're only to debunk the idea once their too old for that horseshit? I don't have children, but if I did I would want to be as honest as possible with them. Of course, I know this is a larger issue for those members of any of the Orthodox religions...but that's another discussion, for another time.
No comments:
Post a Comment