I first tried Peppadew peppers when I worked at a small deli two years ago. The owner is an amazing chef and really brought some tastes and food choices to the area, that before one would have to drive into Charlotte for. Which by the way if you're ever in the Gaston/Mecklenberg County area, you should check this place out. It has a wine and craft-beer selection that is difficult to find in the area, (unless once again, you're up for driving to the Charlotte area) and fantastic sandwiches to boot. Anyhow, Hans, the owner, would stuff the peppers with goat cheese, both plain and with added herbs and spices. I would go into the cooler more than usual on the days they were prepared under the guise of "stocking drinks" just so I could sneak one off of the tray. Just one I would tell myself, but one was never enough.
A few weeks ago I purchased some locally-made Chevre and Dill from our GreenLife (Wholefoods) across the street after tasting a sample. Later, it occurred to me that the cheese would be absolutely amazing with the Peppadews. I finally bought the peppers today and I seriously could eat the whole jar. Thankfully, both the cheese and the peppers are too expensive to be that indulgent. While these are awesome for snacks and appetizers, they would also be great for more formal entertaining as well. Get you some...

No comments:
Post a Comment