and for some reason I'm wide awake. of course one should expect to wake at midnight like it's 8 am when one goes to bed at 8:30 pm. With the sounds of people still coming in and out of the building at 3 am, I'm beginning to believe only myself and those 65 and older go to bed so early on a Friday night. I tried to will my eyes to shut for two hours before finally getting up. The only problem with all of this is that I've to be at work at 9 in the morning until 4 in the afternoon. Sleep why must you elude me?
Thankfully, I enjoy my new job and the time passes quite quickly, so I mayn't have time to be really tired. Speaking of said new job, I found out my company is quite international (imagine my excitement at finding that out) and they've locations in Portugal! I've wanted to visit Portugal and Spain (and every other country on the map). Fernando Pessoa was Portuguese, and since being introduced to his work by A, there is of course deep interest in visiting the geographic areas of the writer's influence. Portugal also offers ESL opportunities for teachers, another opportunity I want to explore. Sometimes when I think about the countires I'd like to try ESLing in, I get this feeling of blood rushing at just the anticipation and possibility. The possibility of all the people to be met and land to be covered. A teacher whom I worked with in South Korea is emailed me to say he is currently working in China, learning Mandarin and traveling the provinces. So, yes, I need to get on the ball. With that said I've passed my TESOL certification and A thinks he may finish sooner than later by taking summer courses. Huzzah!
It's not so much that I'm ready to leave this place because we just got here, but things are so different "out there."
No comments:
Post a Comment