Monday, October 13, 2008

Good Morning Blues

Good Morning Blues (also the title of an autobio of Count Basie)

Good mornin' , blues,
Blues, how do you do?
Good mornin', blues,
Blues, how do you do?
Good morning, how are you?

I laid down last night,
Turning from side to side;
Yes, I was turning from side to side,
I was not sick,
I was just dissatisfied

When I got up this mornin',
Blues walking around my bed;
Yes, the blues walkin' around my bed,
I went to eat my breakfast,
The blues was all in my bread.

I sent for you yesterday baby,
Here you come a walking today;
Yes, here you come a walking today,
Got your mouth wide open,
You don't know what to say.

Good mornin' , blues,
Blues, how do you do?
Yes, blues, how do you do?
I'm doing all right,
Good morning, how are you?


I believe the second verse is my favorite, and wonder which one was her's.

No comments: