while the whole of the world is working steadfastly to look younger and/or slow down the aging process, I'm actually looking forward to getting older and acquiring a few wrinkles/laugh lines. For the past year all I can think about is how I'm ready to enter the next decade of my life. Yes I'm only 24 and that next decade is another six years away which leaves a lot of life to be lived. Six more years that I plan to live to the fullest, but to be honest though I keep hearing and reading that once a person gets close to entering that 3rd decade of their life things calm down and are a lot more peaceful. It seems that all those insecurities of your early 20s begin to melt away, there is more certainty and direction, and that one's 30's are even more forgiving. Of course in my 30s or not, I like the thought being forgiving because really that is something I need to work on. I preach it and even practice it outwardly, but I don't always practice it inwardly. does that even make sense?
When I was young(er) I thought the ideal age was 25, but now I'm thinking that's not so. not one bit.
what do you think the ideal age is?
No comments:
Post a Comment