Sunday, February 3, 2008

it all goes back to Africa

I've realized that almost everything I like goes back to things that come from or are of the African culture. So I wasn't surprised when the white wine I bought that was made in South Africa turned out to be really AWESOME. The flavor is different because it's a mixture of green apples and guava along with the grapes. I also found that opening the wine and letting it sit in the fridge overnight does amazing things to the taste. The next day the taste is softer and a little sweeter as if uncorking it has released a pressure and all the flavors can breath as they swirl around each other. Another great thing about this wine is that it gave a short history of the Obikwa people from South Africa and the importance of the ostrich/ostrich egg to their culture. I wish there was a way that I could package this baby up and send it home. If I'm lucky I'll be able to get it somewhere in the states, and I can spread the love... ;~)


No comments: