ok so my heart is broken, plain and simple. one of my beloved students likened me to Harry Potter! needless to say he is no longer so beloved. jk Harry Potter! is it true? have you people at home been bold-faced lying to my face and secretly thinking "I've a friend who looks like Harry Potter," "I'm kissing Harry Potter?"
ok so my heart isn't really broken, if truth be told my heart has never really been broken. At least not in the sense that many have had their's broken. yes I've suffered some bumps and bruises to my ego, and I've been let go when I wasn't ready to "let go," but my heart has never truly been broken, and for that I'm grateful. For those of you who are reading this and your heart has been broken I'm not attempting to serve as a reminder nor am I rubbing in your faces my heart's fortunate bypass of such pain. I'm just simply stating.
Back to my students though, they are RUTHLESS! did i mention my students were ruthless? I will admit the class covered very well from the recent Harry Potter likening. "But Jennipah/Jenniper Harry Potter is cute." wtf is cute? I also must give them credit because many of my students responded "well jenniper I think you're beautiful." of course perhaps this was to cover the ass of their classmate when they seen the horrified look on my face. I must say that Harry Potter is one of the better insults I've had thrown in my face. Just last week (when I felt like death) two different days my students decided to pound me with insults. "Jenniper you look really really bad, are you sick?" "Jenniper you look like picture you show us from concentration camp" OMG! I suppose this is better then the previous weeks insult of "Jenniper you have been eating a lot of kimchi, you look fat today" Fat! my students said I look fat. I will say in just the five months I've been in Korea, I've become extremely self conscious, but then again I've come to a point where I just don't care. I mean either way the students are going to scrutinize me, and point out any visible shortcomings. so Harry Potter it is.
is it true? do I look like Harry Potter?
No comments:
Post a Comment